Seattle Squadron Earns 2018 Quality Cadet Unit Award
Seattle Squadron has once again earned the Quality Cadet Unit Award! Seattle Squadron met 6 of the 10 requirements set by National HQ related to maintaining a strong cadet program. About 43% of just over 1,000 units nationwide earn this award. See more at GoCivilAirPatrol.com.
The award criteria are listed below, with those Seattle Squadron earned marked with a star.
- Enrollment: Unit has at least 35 cadets listed on its roster
- Growth: Unit’s cadet roster increased by 10% or 10 cadets during previous year
- *Retention: Unit retained 50% of first year cadets during previous year
- *Cadet Achievement: 40% of cadets on roster have attained the Wright Brothers Award
- *Orientation Flights: 70% of cadets on roster have participated in at least 1 flight
- *Encampment: 50% of cadets on roster have completed encampment
- *Adult Leadership: Unit has at least 3 Training Leaders of Cadets graduates on its roster
- Outside Activities: Unit participated in CyberPatriot, CAP Academic Bowl, or hosted a Red Ribbon Leadership Academy
- *Aerospace: Unit earned the Aerospace Excellence Award (AEX) during previous year or unit sent in an AAR after ordering a STEM Kit
- Emergency Services: 60% of cadets on roster have GES certification