The squadron file store is a Shared Drive in Google Drive.
There are folders for each duty function, a set of official files maintained by the Administrative Officer for regulatory purposes, and a shared folder which contains meeting presentations and unit inspection files. you can find manuals for aircraft equipment, handheld radios, and personal equipment, and reference information for activities, ES exercises, and projects.
1 - Get an account
You will need a WAWG account on Google's G Suite services.
- As of late 2019, WAWG accounts are automatically created for all members once they complete Level 1 (seniors) or Achievement 1 (cadets). When created, you will receive an e-mail with login information to your primary "EMAIL" address registered in eServices.
- You may also request one via an IT support request on the Wing website. Your information will be verified and an account set up, with login information e-mailed to you.
2 - Request access
Once your WAWG account is set up, ask the squadron IT Officer to give your account access to the squadron drive.
3 - Sign in to Google
Check if you need to add your WAWG account to your list of personal Google accounts.
- If you do not already have a personal Google account, you should be able to log in with your WAWG credentials.
- If you do already have a personal Google account, you likely see your personal information when accessing any Google service. You will need to associate your WAWG account with your other Google accounts in order to flip over to WAWG when needed.
4 - Add WAWG account
If needed, associate your WAWG account with your personal Google account. This will not mingle information between accounts. It only allows you to switch among associated accounts when logged in to any of them.
- Go to Google Drive.
- At the upper right of the screen, click the letter in a circle (an initial for your account name) or small circular picture (if you have uploaded one).
- A small window should pop out from that with more information about your associated accounts.
- Click "Add account".
- Enter your WAWG account e-mail address, click Next, then enter your password.
- You can now click the letter/picture in the upper right of your screen on any Google service and switch accounts.
Access the Shared Drive
See the WAWG IT page section on Google Drive for links to apps and help.
On a PC web browser:
- Log in to Google Drive and switch to your WAWG account.
- In the left side menu, click the arrow next to "Shared drives".
- You should see "Seattle Squadron". Click that to navigate through the file store.
On a mobile device:
- Open the Google Drive app.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap "Files".
- Near the top of the screen, tap "Shared drives".
- You should see "Seattle Squadron". Tap that to navigate through the file store.